Some of the larger projects that I've worked on, usually spanning over a few weeks to a few months:
FVSO (Fact vs. Opinion) is a web extension in the works that promotes news literacy and critical thinking by quantifying the volume of objective versus subjective language in the media. Our team (a part of Medium Design Collective @ Cornell) worked to design an interface that would encourage this kind of thinking without detracting from the reading experience and without inflecting our own biases. The tool allows the user to view headlines from a range of sources side by side, on a spectrum that ranges from totally objective to totally subjective. The goal here is to showcase the differences in levels of objectivity and subjectivity in the headlines and articles of popular news media sources in a way that gives the reader a full awareness of any potential bias they have when choosing their new source. NLP development is on hold for the time being due to Covid.
Our final project for CS 2112 consisted of four assignments that built upon each other. In this project, we simulated the evolution of aritifical life (critters). The scope of this project included creating an AST parser and interpreter for the given critter language (users can upload critter programs), a simulator for the execution environment, a graphical front end, and a distributed implementation of the system. Users can launch their own server which can then be logged on to by others. Users would then be able to interact with the simulation and do actions such as compete to kill other critter species or try to survive for as long as possible.
My former internship CMYK has a weekly newsletter called Fast Five. Employees send in outrageous links to one of the slack channels and then compete with each other to get the most clicks on the newsletter. Creating this email in Mailchimp took up a few hours each week, so I developed a web app that scraped the messages from the channel to automate creating entries.
My high school had a senior experience program where we spent every Wednesday internship. SE culimated in a final presentation at the end of the year and if I wanted to rep CMYK properly, there was no way that I could use a powerpoint. Instead, I created an interactive presentation that uses d3 and made it visually appealing for me to walk through my content.
My capstone project for my senior year in high school was to design and develop a new website for the organization 180° of Impact, run by the awesome Matt Scott. The old version of his website (made with Squarespace) was designed in such a way that there was little room for engagement with his content and there were lower user retention rates. I spent a few months coming up with a new UI that addressed these issues and made the visual identity still familiar but more visually appealing. I then implemented the UI as well as an admin interface with the flat-file CMS Grav.
From its first run back in 2014, hackBCA has always had an attendance size of 400~650 people which meant we needed an efficient way for event staff to make sure that everything was running smoothly. For hackBCA IV, I built the main website in accordance with the specific needs of that year. I built the website, including the front end , application portal, and internal tools for the hackathon. Note - the AWS hosting got taken down so I've reuploaded the site to a different host for posterity.
Next Gen Creators is a tech initiative in the Caribbean that provides a platform for developers and future developers to engage. Elixir Labs stepped in to build them their new website and I was the lead developer on that team. Over the course of this project, I worked with the designer to implement all of the front end and integrated the flat file cms Grav so that the Next Gen Team would be able to have full customizability over their content simply through 'plug & chug'. This version of the website isn't being used anymore but I've uploaded it to Heroku for posterity.